Friday, September 17, 2010

Home is Where the Heart Is

Once again we made the trek to the greater Phoenix area to see some family. Once again, Picacho Peak made for really wonderful scenery in the early evening light as the sun sank lower on the horizon. I really like Arizona for a lot of reasons. A lot of people have a hard time appreciating the beauty in the desert. Maybe it's because I was raised here, maybe it's because my dad's a landscaper, but I have really come to like the desert. It offers some of the most amazing things. I like lush, green places too. Someday I'll live in a lush, green place. But no matter where I go, the desert will always be home to me.

Also, happy birthday Macki! You're the best. :)


--


1 comment:

Kelsey said...

i appreciate the desert more now than i ever did before. and i love picacho peak!