Friday, June 18, 2010

Fossilization

Today I got paid. I was really really excited about it, to say the least. I don't know anyone on earth who doesn't like payday. Well, I had to run a few errands, aka find a Father's Day present (which is on Sunday, FYI, it sure snuck up on me!), and amidst all of that I happened to stop in at the Fossil store in Park Mall. I genuinely went in there because I had a question about my watch. The pin in the link seems to have broken, and they guy said he may or may not be able to fix it in the store without having to send it off. The next thing I know, I'm browsing watches and end up walking out of the store with $100 less in my bank account and a snazzy new watch and second band (to mix it up, you know?). Want to know something funny? Yeah, I already own two Fossil watches. This makes three. I just love it so much. At any rate, you get to choose a tin that houses your watch for safe transport, and the guy who sold me the watch was kind of funny... he asked me to choose a tin, and as I browsed he goes:

"Yeah, there aren't any manly tins..."

Sure enough, there aren't any overtly man-oriented tins, but I thought this one suited me fine. I really liked all of the snazzy little illustrations on the side (particularly the one of the camera), so it's all good. No photos of the actual watch today, I'm still struggling internally if I'm willing to officially part with the $100. I'm famous for buying something I love but don't actually need, and then returning it because I like the thought of having that money back in my bank account. Well, we'll see if that rings true, because I really love this watch!

::
::
::

No comments: