Thursday, January 7, 2010

Professional

There is a big meteorite exhibition coming up in my department. We've borrowed a bunch of meteorite samples from various places, and I am in charge of photographing them in their original packaging, and then out of their packaging. This way, we know where they belong, but we also have studio shots if we ever make a book or calendar out of them. And I get credit for the photographs because I'm the one that's been taking them! How neat! It's really great experience if I do choose to go into photography as a career.

I'm using this beautiful Canon Rebel DSLR with a fancy macro lens. Well, I was done shooting, so I decided to get a little artsy. I loaded all of the pictures onto the computer, and when the woman in charge of the exhibit saw them (I had intended on emailing them to myself and then delete them), she loved them! Haha. It was fun to use big flashes and lights. It's been really excellent experience.


::

1 comment:

kendle sue said...

how fun! i want to use a big amazing camera again! :)