Sunday, August 22, 2010

That Time of Year

Today has been good and bad for a lot of reasons. Bad mostly because school starts tomorrow. Tomorrow. Not cool. But I had a grand time at church today, which made me happy. I was glad to be there, and things went well enough. Another sad thing is that I found a dead butterfly on a chair on our front porch. After mourning his death for a moment or two I photographed him. I thought it would be a little morbid if I photographed his whole body, so I stuck with his awesome wings. There are two there, just one on top of the other. The other photos are of a neat little agave my dad put on top of the two pillars in our entry way, and the mexican bird of paradise that are all blooming right now. These photos made me really happy. They don't exactly balance out my frustration with school starting tomorrow, but I'm sure everything will be fine. It always is.

::
::
::

1 comment:

kendle sue said...

i like that butterfly picture! it would have looked really neat on a black background, but lets be honest, im partial to those kind of shots. haha... i wonder what that means... to find a dead butterfly on your doorstep? hmm... perhaps i'll have to google it. lol.